- Douglas County Clerk Dan Loomis will present how the election process works on Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022 at 6:15pm at the Roseburg Public Library in the Ford Room. Bring your written questions.
- Check our Candidate Forums webpage periodically for more information as it develops.
- Are you ready for Election Day? Nov. 8, 2022. Check your voter registration to be sure. Secretary of State – Vote411.org
General Election 2022 Candidate Forums are now being scheduled for the month of October. LWV Umpqua Valley sponsored forums will be via Zoom. Check our webpage for Zoom registration info as it becomes available.
Other forums in southern Oregon:
League of Women Voters of Curry County – Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford, and rural Curry County
League of Women Voters of Coos County – Coos Bay, North Bend, Bandon, Coquille, Lakeside, Reedsport, Myrtle Point, Powers
To be able to receive notices and join our First Tuesday Talk Time, please sign up below, if you haven’t already. If you did not receive the Zoom link, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign Up to be on our mailing list here (no obligation):
Women’s InEquality Day
|August 26, otherwise known as Women’s Equality Day, marks the anniversary of the certification of the 19th amendment, which granted some women the right to vote. But now we have fewer rights than we’ve had in decades!|
|Nineteenth Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.|
|We call on our lawmakers to:|
1) Pass voting rights legislation
2) Add the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution
3) Restore reproductive rights to all who experience pregnancy
Primary Election May 17, 2022
Official results are in!
Official certified results have been posted on the Secretary of State’s website and on the Douglas County Elections department website.
41.72% of registered voters in Douglas County voted in the Primary Election 2022.
- LWVOR’s Voters’ Guide for statewide candidate statements at the Roseburg Public Library or the Douglas County Clerk’s office.
- Also check out the Oregon state Voters Pamphlet.
- Visit the Douglas County Elections website.
- For more information on candidates, see Vote411.org.
Mail in your ballot — plan on mailing it in a week before the election. Or drop it off at an Official Dropbox.
See more on our Voter information webpage.
Douglas County Commissioner Candidates Public Forum 4-26-22 Update
Photos from the forum held on 4-26-22
Thank you for attending the Douglas County Commissioners Candidates Forum on April 26, 2022! ICYMI, here’s the Link to the recording of the forum.
BLOG POSTS ~
Is Next Saturday, June 18th! Get your tickets and map to the six beautiful and unique gardens this week! Tickets are $15 per person, children with an adult are free. Ticket locations: Don’t miss all the artists and musicians in the gardens! There’s art and plants for sale, too! Artists! Musicians! Visit our webpage for … Continue reading “Annual Spring Garden Tour 2022”
Douglas County Commissioner Candidates will introduce themselves and answer questions from the League and the audience. Douglas County Commissioners Candidates Public ForumDouglas County FairgroundsCascade West Building7PM – 8:30PM This is a Public Forum open to all. Please attend!Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valleylwvuv.org Meet the candidates! Figure out who to vote … Continue reading “Candidates Forum Tonight!”
The Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild will host the 37th Annual Quilt Show at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Douglas Hall on the weekend of April 22-24, 2022. The League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valley is one of the sponsors. There are 250 quilt entries, including suffrage quilts. The League is honored to choose the … Continue reading “Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild Quilt Show”