Here is a list of the four statewide Ballot Measures that will appear on your November General Election ballot.
- # 111 – Oregon Right to Health Care Amendment Legislative Referral 111 (read the text) Amend the Oregon Constitution: The State must ensure affordable healthcare access, balanced against requirements to fund schools and other essential services.
- #112 – Remove Slavery and Crimes from the Oregon Constitution Legislative Referral 112 (read the text) Amend the Oregon Constitution: Remove language allowing slavery and involuntary servitude as punishment for crime. This legislative referral applies to prisoners working without getting paid.
- #113 – Oregon Exclusion from Re-election for Absenteeism. Ballot Measure 113 (read the measure) Amend the Oregon Constitution: Disqualify Legislators with ten unexcused absences from floor sessions from holding the next term of office.
- #114 – The Reduction of Gun Violence Act Ballot Measure 114 (read the measure) Requires permit to acquire firearms; police maintain permit/firearm database; criminally prohibits certain ammunition magazines.
Primary Election May 17, 2022
Official results are in!
Official certified results have been posted on the Secretary of State’s website and on the Douglas County Elections department website.
41.72% of registered voters in Douglas County voted in the Primary Election 2022.
- LWVOR’s Voters’ Guide for statewide candidate statements at the Roseburg Public Library or the Douglas County Clerk’s office.
- Also check out the Oregon state Voters Pamphlet.
- Visit the Douglas County Elections website.
- For more information on candidates, see Vote411.org.
Mail in your ballot — plan on mailing it in a week before the election. Or drop it off at an Official Dropbox.
See more on our Voter information webpage.
Douglas County Commissioner Candidates Public Forum 4-26-22 Update
Photos from the forum held on 4-26-22
Thank you for attending the Douglas County Commissioners Candidates Forum on April 26, 2022! ICYMI, here’s the Link to the recording of the forum.
Sign Up to be on our mailing list here (no obligation):
BLOG POSTS ~
Is Next Saturday, June 18th! Get your tickets and map to the six beautiful and unique gardens this week! Tickets are $15 per person, children with an adult are free. Ticket locations: Don’t miss all the artists and musicians in the gardens! There’s art and plants for sale, too! Artists! Musicians! Visit our webpage for … Continue reading “Annual Spring Garden Tour 2022”
Douglas County Commissioner Candidates will introduce themselves and answer questions from the League and the audience. Douglas County Commissioners Candidates Public ForumDouglas County FairgroundsCascade West Building7PM – 8:30PM This is a Public Forum open to all. Please attend!Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valleylwvuv.org Meet the candidates! Figure out who to vote … Continue reading “Candidates Forum Tonight!”
The Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild will host the 37th Annual Quilt Show at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Douglas Hall on the weekend of April 22-24, 2022. The League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valley is one of the sponsors. There are 250 quilt entries, including suffrage quilts. The League is honored to choose the … Continue reading “Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild Quilt Show”