The League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valley ~
- Board of Directors
- Contact Us
- National League History
- Local League History
- Links to Other Oregon Leagues
- League Lingo
- League Principles
- League, Advocacy, and Education
Our Mission Statement
The League of Women Voters of Umpqua Valley is a grassroots, nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government in order to build better communities statewide.
This local League’s purposes are to influence public policy through education and advocacy, and to provide support for League members and the League organization.
- Sponsors nonpartisan candidate forums and unbiased ballot measure presentations during primary and general election seasons.
- Studies issues, and through member consensus, develops positions and works for community change.
- Works for improving the community with other organizations through civic education and action.
- Has members observing the political process at public meetings in Douglas County.
- Is a group of women and men who value learning and strive for improved voter and community education on critical issues of our times. In 1973 at the national convention, the League voted to permit men to join the League as members.
- Enjoys the camaraderie of working and learning with others with similar goals of greater citizen education, participation, and empowerment.
Link to League Principles.