Timber Tax Fairness for Counties, Water and Forests
Invitation to Coos, Curry, Josephine and Douglas,
October 21, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
- Why can’t counties afford essential services including fire response?
- What do large timberland owners contribute to county needs?
- What’s happening in our drinking watersheds?
These fundamentally linked issues lie at the heart of any effort to better serve Oregon’s rural counties and to better protect our watersheds. Join us for a community conversation about revenue restoration, tax fairness, funding essential local services and protecting our drinking water. The presentation will be followed by the opportunity to ask the experts these questions and discuss possible solutions.
Register now: https://tinyurl.com/TaxFairnessForum. Save the link when you get it, each person will have their own, individual link to join the meeting.
- Jody Wiser, tax policy expert, Tax Fairness Oregon
- Richard Felley, retired water district manager, past director Tillamook Estuaries Partnership
- Mary Scurlock, water policy expert & advisor on Oregon State University Trees to Tap Report
Hosted by Tax Fairness Oregon