Join the League of Women Voters Today! Download a Membership Form and renew or join online below. Many thanks to a thoughtful donor who is now paying our Paypal fees, so please feel free to join online below!
Stay informed! Sign Up for our email list. We send out very few, about one a week or less:
Join or Renew Online:
Individual annual dues: $60
For individuals joining or renewing annual League membership.
Household Annual Dues: $90
For two joining or renewing in a household
Household annual dues: $30
For an individual joining at a discounted rate
The LWV Umpqua Valley is 61 years old this year! Our League has been active since 1961. Congratulations to us and all the men and women who got us here! & Thank You!!
- Do research for a League study. The local League participates in studies on three levels, local, state, and national. Right now we are researching now to contribute to a statewide study on Childcare.
- Be part of the Century Celebration Committee! This Valentine’s Day is also LWV’s 102nd birthday. The Celebration continues!
- Be a part of a Candidates’ Forum. The local League sponsors or cosponsors objective well-run non-partisan candidates’ forums for primary and general elections.
- Be a part of a Ballot Measure Presentation. The local League conducts unbiased educational ballot measure presentations regularly held for the public.
- Be a part of the Observer Corps. Participants attend public meetings, observe and report to the board of directors. Attending should be done via virtual meetings at this time due to COVID-19.
LOCAL, STATE & NATIONAL STUDIES
Soon a state study on Childcare will be available to the public. Every other year each local League has the opportunity to suggest a one to two year study on which local League members research and prepare a final report. The League of Women Voters of Oregon (LWVOR) in 2020 studied Cybersecurity and Privacy and did an update of the Elections Method Study.
In person meetings are on hold for now due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Everyone, stay safe by staying at home as much as you can.
We are using Zoom or a similar virtual meeting platforms for conducting meetings until further notice. Our monthly general meetings offer education on important issues to League members and the community. We also sponsor or co-sponsor public forums on topics of interest or on areas where the League conducts studies such as, in the past, the LWVUS’s three studies on constitutional amendments, redistricting, and money in elections.
To encourage League members to work for legislative changes in areas where we have positions. See LWVOR, the state League’s website.
Find out what’s going on in your local government. Represent the League by attending local public meetings virtually to observe meeting process and learn about community decision making. And it is an easy way to be informed, support your League and stay in touch with governing bodies.
Attend a Douglas County Commissioners meeting (held once a week on Wednesdays), or a Roseburg City council meeting, a School Board meeting, or a Douglas County planning commission meeting. Take notes while you’re there. Refrain from making any statements; we are there only as observers, not to participate. Please fill out the short report form and forward it to the League. That’s it. Consider participating in this way. Contact a board member.
In order for our League to accomplish this work we need the help of our members and our community supporters. Would You Like to be Part of the Solution? Want to be informed? Join the League of Women Voters!